Providing answers to questions is a basic service of public libraries; currently this service may be delivered in-library, using print and electronic resources, or remotely, generally using electronic resources. Because of the importance of electronic resources, one of OPLIN's main functions has always been to provide access to high-quality electronic information databases.
Since 2003, OPLIN has been a partner in Libraries Connect Ohio, which supports a core collection of database resources for the statewide Ohio Web Library collection. These resources are provided to all Ohio citizens, regardless of where they go to school or live, so they will have a core set of the information resources necessary to compete in the global economy and improve their quality of life.
- Incident Response: OPLIN staff will respond within one hour to malfunctions of database access during regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding State of Ohio holidays; contact us through the OPLIN Support site.
- Incident Resolution: OPLIN staff will open an incident ticket with the database vendor(s) and will work collaboratively toward resolving the incident within the timeframe specified in the vendor's agreed service objective.
Ohio Web Library
Federated search tool for all of the research databases available to Ohioans.
- What is the Ohio Web Library?
The term "Ohio Web Library" refers to two related things.
Initially, Ohio Web Library was the name of the collection of databases purchased by Libraries Connect Ohio for statewide access. While these databases are valuable in their own right, the Ohio Web Library was also intended to demonstrate the potential for building an even more robust collection of authoritative information if more funds were available.
Lately, the term has also been used to refer to the web page that searches the Ohio Web Library collection and a few other selected online resources (http://ohioweblibrary.org).
- What technology does my browser need in order to use the Ohio Web Library search page?
- What is Libraries Connect Ohio?
Libraries Connect Ohio is a strategic partnership of OPLIN, OhioLINK, INFOhio, and the State Library of Ohio. While the three library networks provide many different services to different types of libraries, all three provide access to electronic databases. The Libraries Connect Ohio partnership allows the three networks to combine their resources, adding them to Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funding distributed by the State Library, in order to get the best possible terms from database vendors.
Can't connect to one of the Ohio Web Library research databases? Something isn't working properly? Please contact the OPLIN Support Center for assistance.