Ancestry Library Edition delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more from countries all over the world. It's resources cover the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada, Europe, Australia and other areas of the world.
ProQuest Ancestry Library Edition includes:
- U.S. collections – hundreds of millions of names from sources such as the federal census; birth, death, and marriage records including the Social Security Death Index; and U.S. border crossing and trans-ocean ship records.
- Military collections – more than 150 million records from the colonial to the Vietnam era, including World War I and II draft cards, POW records, and casualty records.
- Multimedia collections – millions of files ranging from family and gravestone photos to postcards and newsreels.
Remember, Ancestry Library Edition can only be used inside the Library. Go there now: http://ohioweblibrary.org/ancestry
Quick Start Guides & Tip Sheets
- Proquest's Guide to Ancestry Library Edition This extensive online guide from ProQuest include helpful tips, training, and downloadable resources.
- Ancestry.com's '10 Census Questions that Lead to More Answers' (PDF) This tip sheet from Ancestry details how a patron can take take the information contained in the Census data and use it to find out more information from different sources.
Tutorials and Presentations
- Ancestry YouTube Channel. Browsing the Ancestry YouTube channel is a great place to get inspired about using Ancestry Library.
- Ancestry's 5 Minute Finds. These short, focused, 5-minute YouTube videos from Ancestry.com show interesting ways to explore Ancestry's collections.
- Ongoing and Recorded Webinars. These approximately hour-long webinars are conducted by Proquest's training team. Trainings include Ancestry Library Edition as well as other Proquest products.