L'Encyclopédie Découverte, World Book's French language encyclopedia, features two interfaces: one aimed at grades K through 4 and one for older students and adults.
L'Encyclopédie Découverte has many features to help reach learners at many different levels. It is perfect for native-speaking researchers, advanced bilingual users, and ELL students. It is also fully integrated with World Book Kids, so users can toggle back and forth between French and English. Additionally, L'Encyclopédie Découverte features interactive games and activities for beginning learners.
Go there now: https://ohioweblibrary.org/db/worldbook-french
Tutorials and Presentations
- Recorded training for Ohio libraries (August 8, 2023)
- Presentation slides from training for Ohio libraries (August 8, 2023)
Other Helpful Links
- Recommendations by topic from World Book - a quick guide for which resource to use when
- Online Help. A website from World Book designed to help and train libraries and educators on L'Encyclopédie Découverte.
- Social Media Posts from World Book. Features a variety of timely topics, product specific, and feature specific images for posting.