Points of View Reference Center is a comprehensive full-text database that provides a series of essays that present multiple sides of today’s most controversial scientific, social, economic, and political issues. There are over 500 topics, each featuring four main essays:
- Overview–an objective background description.
- Point –the arguments supporting one side of the issue.
- Counterpoint –the arguments supporting the opposing side.
- Guide to Critical Analysis–questions and tips to help you analyze the issue in-depth.
In addition, Points of View Reference Center lets you easily search leading political magazines from both sides of the aisle, newspapers, radio and TV news transcripts, primary source documents, and reference books for more information. POV is updated twice a day.
Go there now: http://ohioweblibrary.org/viewpoints
Quick Start Guides & Tip Sheets
- Getting Started Guide (PDF) This one-page guide created by OPLIN is designed to get your patrons started.